Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday Scribblings - Inspiration


Inspiration for me is an irregular spurt

of dribbles and trickles

or gushes and rushes.

I’ve never figured out exactly why.


There is an overpowering urge

to put a faucet on it

so I can turn it on and off at will -

keep it on an even flow.


But I would miss the mystery

of wondering where it has gone -

when it will return -

if its force will be strong or weak.


I would miss the emotional stirrings

of frustration, angst, desperation, confusion, fear

that feed my creative urges

and make life really juicy.

Hm-m.

3 comments:

Kimberley McGill said...

I like this very much - life isn't always sunshine, and like you I need both sides of the coin. Not only that, but both sides of the coin is reality. If any of us think its just one side or the other we will encounter evidence to the contrary.

Deirdre said...

"an overpowering urge to put a faucet on it so I can turn it on and off at will" - yep, me too.

Amber said...

It is the same for me. I wish I could put a faucet on it! That is a great idea. ;)

Thanks for your vistit to my blog. Nice to meet you.

:)